Easter posts get me all choked up right now so I’m quite literally typing this through tears- with so much uncertainty and stress, anxiety and unknown in our kids lives right now I’m excited to have a holiday to focus on. A deep reminder of our faith, a fun and exciting day to break up the monotony of quarantine and a perfect excuse to treat my favorite girlies with little things I know will make them smile.
I get a huge knot in my chest thinking about Easter this year and how different it will be for so many families (ours included). Precious traditions and ceremonies will be dearly missed or done differently. But I feel incredibly lucky to have the power to still make this holiday meaningful and magical for my little girlies as best I can. Church streamed at home, face time calls to family, a wonderful meal. Easter baskets will be icing on the cake.
Because hopping in the car and going to target (or anywhere else for that matter) isn’t possible right now I put a little more effort than usual into shopping small and ordering little things here and there that were A) from small shops and B) guaranteed to come before Easter. All of that has changed at this point but hopefully these pics make you smile at the very least and at the very best give you ideas for future gift ideas!
I can’t get enough of these clear confetti alphabet letters from Bacon Bit Co.! They’re amazing and so unique. I’m even more excited about using them now that we are doing so much more preschool at home. Worth every penny!
Easter Basket Filler Sources:
- Cute flags from Shirlee’s Shoppe
- Biblical prayer cards and table cards
- Baby’s Carry Along Bible
- Jelly Baskets (perfect for the pool!)
- XL Mickey carabiner
- My favorite scrunchies
- Five packs of Rock Blocks
- Envelope message pillows
- Wipe off silicone coloring book
- Dollhouse animals (these are seriously darling!)
- My favorite footbed sandals for girls
- Large Turkish towels to use as pool towels
More Easter Basket Filler ideas:
- Art supplies
- New journals or paper pads
- Outside toys (chalk, jump rope, water balloons)
- Lip balm or toiletry items
- Hydroflask water bottle (or new hydroflask sticker if your kids are into that)
- Pura Vida bracelets, Lokai bracelets.
- Fun sprinkles, cupcake decorations
- Friendship bracelet making supplies
- Flower or vegetable seed packets
- Garden gloves
- Mini cacti or succulents
- Baseball hat
- Silicone or glass reusable straws
- Flip flops