If you’re still hunting for the perfect gift for a child on your list OR for a family gift for a family with kids of different ages I hope these gifts give you some ideas! We’ve still got ten days before Christmas morning which is plenty of time to get your gift on. Or so I tell myself ha!
Amazon affiliate links are used where possible. The Toothless Monster was provided to me for review purposes- all opinions remain my own. Check this toy out live on my instagram highlight reel soon, it’s so cute! Thanks for reading and supporting my work. It means so much especially at the Holidays.
1. Fun necklace – this Disney pretzel one is from my fave little shop, Grape Soda Co.
2. Neon tempera paint! Even parents love this kind of paint. It’s washable but vivid and smooth. So fun!
3. What kid doesn’t want their own Alexa? The Echo Dot is the only thing Lilly specifically asked for this year. We don’t need the kid version because we already subscribe to Free Time but they do have one if that’s a feature that you like!
4. Minnetonka slippers – I swear they last forever and are so warm and comfy. They’re perfect for travel too because they have a solid sole. The black and white plaid is SO cute too!
5. A little live pet turtle. I’m not always on board for plastic toys that need batteries but these really swim in water and are so much fun! My girls decorated their little tanks and everything.
6. If you haven’t seen Squishmallows yet…. you’re welcome and I’m sorry, ha!
Squishmallow (there are many more styles in stores at Target and Walgreens and maybe your local grocery store too).
7. The Classic LEGO bucket and LEGO ideas book is the perfect pair for kids who love to make their own creations!
8. All my girls are really into how many steps they walk and try to compare their activity with adults who have fitness tracker watches and gadgets. I love that these don’t need to be charged for a year! Garmin VivoFit Jr.
9. A big pack of Sculpey is the perfect manipulative gift for creative kids. Even kids who haven’t tried modeling clay yet will love how easy Sculpey is to work with. You bake it at 275 for 15 minutes and it becomes hard and permanent! Sally had just as much fun at 3 years old playing with it as Lilly does at 8 years old and I still do at 30!
10. How about a pom pom sling shot for a little lighthearted active play? I can think of SO many ways my kids will play with this and am so excited for them to get theirs.
11. A sketchbook and new art supplies will always be on my list. These ooly band chalk crayons are water soluble and REALLY fun to use. I give a bunch of sample uses with them in my ebook, The Little Sketchbook Squad.
12. Have you heard of The Toothless Monster yet? Where do childrens teeth go once they are lost? This new take on the excitement of losing teeth comes with an adorable plush monster that gains her teeth as your child looses them. Meli doesn’t replace the tooth fair but instead provides a visual place for lost teeth to end up. I know my book loving kiddos will love the Hardcover story created by a family with spurious kids just like mine! So cute. You can even give it glow in the dark teeth! Because of the teeth, this toy is best for ages 5+.
Meli the Toothless Monster, boxed set includes one monster in purple or blue, set of teeth, and beautiful story book.
13. If you’ve ever thought knitting and fiber crafts are for girls, you’ll be pleasantly surprised that these knitting nancy tools are engaging for all kids. It’s easy to learn to create the knitted tubes and turn them into different things. This tool and some bright yarn in a cute bag would be an awesome gift! You can even DIY one yourself following a tutorial like this.
14. A timer book mark is great for school aged kiddos who like to keep track of their minutes read. Many schools encourage kids to log their minutes to reach goals and prizes. This one is so cheap from Barnes and Noble.
15. Handmade wooden blocks will always be on my gift lists. They remain one of our most used toys through four kids and all the ages and interests my kids have all gone through. Read about my process in my post all about Finishing Your Own Wooden Toys.
16. Sånd! This brand is hands down the best and superior to all others I’ve tried. I don’t know how to describe it except that it’s silky and soft and dense and perfect. We got this jar seven years ago and it’s STILL perfect to this day.