Fall has me channeling my inner Mrs. Weasley with all the cozy yarn projects. But I have less time than ever to sit working on projects so the bulky yarn that works up really fast always wins. I’m using Lion Brands Hometown USA (again!) for this Harry Potter lovers chunky scarf. Olive is being Hedwig for Halloween so I used two colors that remind me of all things Gryffindor even though I’m teccccchnically a Hufflepuff. I’m being the laziest ever version of Harry Potter aka this scarf, black northface and my real glasses. After Halloween I’m giving this one to Lilly and making myself a new one!
Materials for the Quick and Easy Crochet Gryffindor Scarf Pattern:
2 skeins of Lion Brand Hometown USA in Madison Mustard
2 skeins Of Lion Brand Hometown USA in Napa Valley Pinot
US 10mm crochet hook
This pattern uses single crochet for the first and last rows with double crochet in between. The long stripes are created from 3 rows of color A, 3 rows of color B, 1 row of color A, 1 row of color B, and a final single crochet row of color B. It turns into the comfiest chunky Gryffindor scarf ever.
1. Chain 150 + 1 turning chain (151 chains)
2. Single crochet in second chain from the hook all the way across (150 single crochet) +2 turning chains.
3. Double crochet in back loops only all the way across. Chain 2.
4. Double crochet in back loops only all the way across. Switch colors. Chain 2.
5-7 complete all three rows in same method as rows 3/4 (double crochet in back loops only).
8. Switch back to Pinot and do one more row in this color. Switch to mustard.
9. Do one row in mustard.
10. Finish with a last row of double crochet in back loops only with Pinot then end with a last row of single crochet in both loops to complete the edge.
Trim and weave in all ends.
That’s it! Throw it on, grab a baby Hedwig and you’re Harry Potter costume is good to go!
Happy (early) Halloween!