The is a sponsored post in partnership with All of Us PA and
I’m hopping on the blog today to share a new research opportunity taking place via our very own University of Pittsburgh. You can help change the future of medicine by participating in the All Of Us research program. The goal of the program is to engage one million or more U.S. participants to revolutionize how disease is prevented and treated based on individual differences in lifestyle, environment, and genetics. University of Pittsburgh was awarded millions of dollars to launch this program and create the infrastructure to make the program successful but it’s up to Pennsylvania residents to help them meet their goal of 120,000 participants.
Please click here if you think you can help!
Did you know Gracie Jane took a very strong medication the first year of her life thanks in part to some pretty intense research studies going on in Pittsburgh? We are eternally thankful for the medical research teams responsible for increasing the quality of available care to her when she was born just six years ago. We relied so much on the participants of those research studies and their successful outcomes which are the only things that made actually giving her this medicine possible.
All of Us Pennsylvania, the University’s program, plans to enroll 120,000 patients in the
region, and fund pilot studies using accrued data to advance precision medicine care.
Precision medicine or personalized medicine is health care that is based on each
individual. It takes into account factors like where you live, what you do, and
your family health history and genetics.
By signing up for this study, you can help change the future of medicine, you may
improve your or others’ health and you may improve healthcare for your children.
Participants will get compensated ($25) for participation. All of US Pennsylvania has enrolled more than 8,000 participants so far.
Here is the information on how to schedule:
○ Schedule: Make an appointment to visit one of our locations. You can do this by
calling 412-383-2737 or online https://joinallofuspa.org/onlinescheduling/overview
○ Enroll: Complete the online consent process, answer health surveys and safely share your health data. If you prefer, you may complete the process at one of our enrollment centers. Our staff there can help you.
○ Participate: We will schedule you at one of our conveniently located enrollment centers for a study visit. At this visit, you will be asked to have your physical measurements taken and give biosamples (blood and urine). This appointment is at no charge.
○ Contribute: They are creating the largest health data resource ever. Your health information will be added to the All of Us Research Program database. Researchers may use this data in health studies. This may lead to the next big medical breakthrough.
○ Privacy: Your privacy is very important, and we will take great care to protect it if you join. Here are a few of the steps we will take:
■ We will remove your name and other direct identifiers (like your Social Security number) from your information and replace them with a code. There is a master list linking codes to names. This list is kept secure, and very few people have access to it.
Thank you for taking the time to read today. The potential of this campaign is too important not to share!