With my sister in laws wedding and Gracie’s surgery and a myriad of other events happening pretty close to my estimated due date, I’m thinking I had better have this hospital bag packed and ready to go so I (or anyone else!) can grab if it we’re surprised with this sweet girls arrival.
Here’s what I have found to be useful and necessary during labor and delivery the past three times I’ve done it!
–affiliate links used-
1. A good camera- this is a must for me. Nothing like capturing those very first itty bitty moments of having a newborn! I love this camera because it’s a great entry level dslr, you can pop on your own good lenses if you have them (I’d go with a 50 1.4 for the hospital!) and it’s *super small* and perfect for your diaper bag.
2. Cute diapers! This is totally not a necessity but itty bitty adorable diapers are pretty fun, ha! Even if it’s just for the hospital and first few days.
3. Comfy nursing bras. I love love love these.
4. A glass water bottle and glass straw. I get so incredibly thirsty esp after delivery and love having my own water bottle to keep filled.
5. Slipper shoes with a good sole.
6. Your essential makeup and toiletry items (even mini bottles of your preferred shampoo and conditioner). Love this cute Pouch.
7. Snacks! I am obsessed with this kind of Rx bar.
8. A cute paci clip, these are my fave.
9. A soft and cozy sleeper.
10. Soft washable nursing pads.
11. An easy dress to go home from the hospital in.
12. And of course a cute diaper bag to toss it all into!
Except for my sweet girl’s quilt that isn’t finished yet and maybe a swaddle blanket, that’s it! Our hospital room will have wipes and some Mama items I know I don’t need to bring, and I’m still undecided on whether or not I’ll bring my boppy. I love having it so that might be a game time decision- if it’s handy and someone can grab it- great! If not, no biggie.
Le sigh. Waiting for babies is so much fun!
Leave a Reply