Have you guys heard of DairyPure? I’ll be honest with you – I’m not a huge milk fan. So it’s probably not a surprise that I haven’t heard of it before this blog post came to be. I never have been one to pour a big cold class or want it with my cookies. The exception to my milk distaste, though, is smoothies. For some reason I LOVE real milk in my smoothies. It keeps everything creamy and has a neutral flavor that can’t be beat. (Maybe I’m the crazy one but I can TOTALLY taste a different flavor when I use cow’s milk substitutes in my smoothies!)
Unfortunately my oldest, who of course L O V E S milk, seems to be sensitive to lactose in general just like my sister in law. I was really so excited to give this DairyPure 100% lactose free milk a try and add it into a sweet frozen treat perfect for my girls, but totally perfect for me too! Since we all love fruit smoothies so much I thought I’d put a little spin on them and turn this blended drink into a dessert. I am really excited to partner with Dean’s for today’s sponsored blog post and share with you a recipe I’ve created specifically to be safe for those with lactose problems. Here is what we made.
Mini Fruit Sherbert Bites!
If you are looking for a fantastic immersion blender THIS ONE is my favorite. And THESE are the ice cube molds I’m using! The hexie shape is so fun. (affiliate links used)
These tiny lactose free fruit sherbert bites are so yummy. They’re easy to pop into little mouths with no dripping spoons, bowls, or sticky popsicle sticks left strewn around. I hate dealing with sticky dripping messes! I know, I know… they’re only little once. But still. Less mess is always good with me. I’m also so glad these “treats” are so fresh and have nothing in them to irritate my loved ones bellies. Tummy aches are never a good thing, doesn’t matter if you are 7 or 27!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
|Passive Time||4 hours|
ice cube molds
- 2 cups DairyPure 100% Lactose Free Skim Milk
- 1/4-3/4 cups Granulated Sugar adjust the sugar quantity based on the sweetness of your fruit
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Add milk and sugar to heavy bottom sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Bring to a gentle boil and allow sugar to dissolve completely.
- Turn heat down to a simmer and let milk mixture reduce by half.
- After about 20 minutes, pour the hot milk into a glass measuring bowl and check to make sure it's reduced to one cup.
- Set milk in the fridge to cool for a few minutes.
- Add fruit to two tall mason jars.
- Pour 1/2 cup cooled milk mixture over each type of fruit then blend fully with an immersion blender.
- Carefully fill ice cube molds with mixtures.
- Freeze ice cube molds for 4 hours or until frozen solid.
- Pop out and enjoy!
Try other fruits with this recipe! Peaches, mango, pears, blueberries, blackberries, or melon would all be equally delicious mini frozen bites. There is no lactose in this frozen treat so you can be sure it will be gentle on sensitive bellies.
If you’ve got loved ones with lactose intolerances (who doesn’t these days!) keep DairyPure in mind for recipes. Sometimes that lactose can be sneaky when you are cooking or baking but using lactose free milk to begin with helps a ton!
- DairyPure is the only milk backed by an exclusive Five-Point Purity Promise. DairyPure milk (including Lactose Free Milk) contains no artificial growth hormones, is tested for antibiotics, is continually quality tested to ensure purity, only comes from cows fed a healthy diet and is cold shipped from your trusted dairy.
- DairyPure believes being lactose intolerant shouldn’t exclude anyone from enjoying fresh, pure, delicious milk! DairyPure Lactose Free Milk tastes like real milk because that’s exactly what it is – they just remove the lactose so it’s easier to digest.
- Enjoy Whole, Reduced Fat, Lowfat or Fat Free Lactose Free Milk just how you’d enjoy regular milk!
- DairyPure Lactose Free Milk is available in the dairy case at grocery stores nationwide in whole, 2% reduced fat, 1% low fat and skim/fat free milks.
Give it a try.
It’s almost Wednesday, guys! Might pop a few of these into a giant glass of champagne. We deserve it right?!
Leave a Reply