You might have seen s’well bottles popping up recently… If you haven’t you can thank me for informing you that they are all the rage. I love all liquid vessels of every kind and these have just been screaming at me to put something lettered onto them! I promise this project is so easy if you have a Cricut- the hardest part is committing to a word for the bottle. Too many cute choices!
There are plenty of ways you could get your own lettering onto these bottles. But an easy cheat is to use a really pretty font and a Cricut machine to get an awesome result. A lettered water bottle is customizable and perfect for literally any occasion. I’m gifting a bunch to my girlfriends this year because who doesn’t need water on the reg?! No one.
Anywho, here’s what you need:
(affiliate links used)
- Cricut Explore Air
- White Vinyl (NOT the iron on kind)
- Transfer paper
- S’well Bottles (they come in EVERY color of the rainbow!) ((or any other water bottle)) and you can find them at Target now!
- Cricut Tools
- a .jpg with your word(s) on it! I’ll supply a bunch at the very end of this post and also explain how to make your own!
- Make sure your water bottle is clean and dry.
- Prepare your word! Download one of the ideas below (right click and save to your desktop) or create your own in photoshop. My decals ended up being just under 2″ x 8″ and fit perfectly onto a Swell water bottle. You’ll want to change your dimensions later on if you are using a different type of water bottle! In photoshop or any other editing program create a new document that is 2″ x 8″ (or adjust as necessary). Find an awesome font (here is a great resource!) and type up your word. Make sure you like exactly how it looks!
- Upload the image into your cricut design space browser window. Make sure you save it as a cut image!
- Create a new project and insert the word design of your choice.
- Use the steps provided in the cricut software to cut out your vinyl. Make sure to set your material dial to vinyl! Remove all of the “waste” material that is not part of your word.
- Cut a piece of transfer paper to the same size as your word decal.
- Peel off the backing and stick it on top of your decal. Lift the decal away from it’s vinyl backing.
- Line the transfer paper with attached word up with your water bottle. Make sure it’s straight because you can’t fix it later!
- Smooth the letters down hard with your fingernail or the cricut smoothing tool (this is a great set of tools) and carefully peel away the transfer tape. Save this because it can be reused!
That’s it! So quick and easy and such a cute customized water bottle result. I can’t wait to gift these to my fave ladies. I know they’ll all love them.
Aguamenti is a Harry Potter spell- yes I am a dork.
Now I’ve got to go make one for myself! Ha!
It’s friYAY! Hooray!
Here are a few phrases to get your wheels turning:
*If you save this image to use, you’ll need to import it into any photo editing program and CROP so you have just the word you want to use. Otherwise you’ll be importing ALL the words into your project.*