Goodness, how is it already the middle of July?! This summer is flying by so quickly and I’m doing what I can to savor the days. With so much happening it’s been easy to let actual health slip away in favor of leisure, convenience, laziness and in all honesty- being so sweaty I can’t possibly bring myself to do anything active. I wish I weren’t such a brat but adjusting to no air conditioning has been challenging. Thank goodness for ceiling fans!
I’ve rounded up 5 great wellness tools from buybuy BABY that I am using to help keep me motivated to stay healthy and active. They may seem non-traditional as far as a diet and exercise programs go, but this is real life. If it takes a comfy baby carrier and a conveniently tiny stroller to make adventures more accessible, then that’s great! My exercise these days comes from playing hard with my girls. And that’s fine with me. It can be such a struggle to find a healthy rhythm again after having a baby- but figuring out how to keep your body active and feeling strong is such an important part of total body wellness. Even though I struggle with fitting in “real” workouts, I concentrate my efforts instead on creating a lifestyle for my girls and I that keeps us all moving all day long. Adventures, outings, games, playtime, hikes, swimming, soccer. That’s what my workout looks like most days of the week.
Here are my recommendations for equipping yourself with tools to stay fit, active and healthy.
- FitBit Alta– I’ve had a fit bit before but this upgraded version is so much fun! I find myself moving so much more thanks to the little vibration alert reminders and on-screen celebrations the girls love to see. They tap the screen with me to see how many more steps I need to reach the next thousand and suggest we play tag or mother-may-I or just run around the house a few times to hit that number. It’s fun! I love how easily it connects to the FitBit app on my phone and how clearly I can track my progress.
- Aria WiFi Scale– I’m not huge into weighing myself. Numbers are numbers to a certain extent and I try not to let them define me or how I feel about my body. But weight is an important part of overall health and I like that the Aria scale can help you track BMI and body fat percentage.
- GBPockit Stroller– my GOSH this GBPockit stroller is insane. It’s so tiny! We have the Babyzen YOYO already, also from buybuyBABY, and this one is even tinier if you can believe it! It literally fits into my tote bag diaper bags. That’s just crazy! It’s nice that it is so small because it takes up basically no space in the car and I never have to take it out! We’ll be bringing this on our Disney Parks/Disney Cruise trip and I’m pretty excited about it.
- Ergo 360 Air– Sigh. I will cry when my babies don’t want to be carried anymore. We needed a sturdy summer carrier that wasn’t going to make us all melt while wearing it and this one, so far, is great! We’ve loved our old Ergo to death since Gracie was born so we are pretty excited to be able to try this one. So far so good. The straps are very cushioned which makes it really comfy and it’s the first carrier we’ve had in a long time where Sally can face out if she wants to. The weight limit is high enough that it can still hold Gracie as well so that’s a bonus for our upcoming travels.
- YoFoMat Yoga Mat– all good things about this extra long and thick yoga beauty. It works double duty as a stretching block which I also just LOVE. The fold lines in the mat help you align your body easily and I think that’s brilliant. It’s a welcome change from the simple rolled yoga mats we all know and use already. And the way it folds up keeps the surface that was on the floor away from ever touching the side that touches your body. Cool!
I’ve been snapping our adventures with the GBPockit stroller from buybuy BABY. It’s so cool to see it fold down so tiny! You can find me on snapchat @sweetersidemom and then also on instagram where we’ll be sharing updates periodically. So far this tiny stroller is a bit tricky to figure out but worth it every time I pop it open to use. And Sally actually stays seated in it which is a huge bonus, ha!
If you’ve got leftover gift cards from your buybuy BABY registry or are just looking to treat yourself to some fresh gear that will help keep you motivated too, this is a great place to start!
Have a happy week, everyone, hope it’s full of outside play time and a refocus on your own wellness. <3
*Product for this post was provided by buybuyBABY.com in conjunction with their #babyhood campaign. All opinions and thoughts remain my own. I only share what my family uses and loves in real life!*