Phew- another week in the books. It’s crazy town over her with a major sewer issue which is just… the worst. But it’s almost behind us and we’re glad it’s the weekend, even if it is filled to the brim already with to-do’s and activities and…rain. Such is Pittsburgh life though, so I’m cool with it. Here’s a list of what I’ve been into this week:
- I’ve been totally enamored with all the hand-lettering on Instagram lately. I could watch the video clips all day! They’re mesmerizing. When I saw everyone jumping on the bandwagon and using this set of markers to practice lettering, I was sold. The kids already have that marker tower so I was good to go.
made with the markers I linked above!
2. I want to try these shoes for our summer vacation(s). They are so cute but actually look really comfy too! Anyone tried this company before?
3. And I know everyone is already obsessed and I’m behind the 8 ball here but I’m LulaRoe legging obsessed now too. Ha! I still think it’s weird how you buy them and wish I could just shop at my leisure… But they are straight comfort so it’s all good!
4. If you didn’t see my Instagram post, I found the absolute best matchy matchy swimsuits for the girls! There are a few other styles I want to get them because nothing is better than having all three of your kids match. They won’t let me do it forever!
5. I’m hunting around for a great pair of white pants and this pair is high on my list to try. I also like these and the price point seems perfect. I can’t spend a fortune on WHITE pants… Kids, chickens, dog… Yeah, no. I’ll have to spend a fortune on bleach!
6. I’m stashing these Lego sets like this one for airplane toys for the girls. I’ll ditch the box and pack the legos and the instruction booklet in a ziplock bag. I’m also saving these magnet sets to put in their backpacks for travel fun. I hear the doors on Disney Cruises are prime magnet decorating real estate so the girls can play with them there too! My Mom always packed us cool stuff for our air travel flights and it’s something I remember so well. New crayons and coloring books, new silly putty, electronic connect four and stuff like that- it was awesome. And I can’t forget the fruity mentos! They were my fave, omg the best.
7. I’m getting so many DSLR camera questions lately via email. They have to be coming from Pinterest and while I’m super happy to answer them all, I think I need to write a post sharing all my fave gear. If you are just a hobbyist and don’t need anything “professional”, this camera looks so so amazing and is super tiny! So perfect for summer travel and stashing in your carry on bag. If I didn’t live on a budget, I’d have this camera already to tote around as my family cam so I didn’t have to take my real one out adventuring with the littles. You can still swap out the lenses and add your favorite like any other DSLR. Love! Canon for life.
8. We spend like 80% of our day still on this swing we put up a few weeks ago. I *knew* the girls would love it but I never could imagine how much. Endless giggles, easy quiet time and relaxing and just such a fun way to spend time outside.
9. Smitten with this dress. It’s SO comfy, easy to dress up or down, and will be super simple to pack and travel with. I have the black one and think I’ll order the blue one too. I love how this one fit too!
10. And last but not least, I’ve been hitting my own personal recipe library, my pinterest before pinterest was a thing- my cookbook collection! This one is a great base to have in your collection when you need to reference how to cook a protein or how to make a basic chocolate cake. It’s got all the basics in it and I’m always happy with how Martha’s recipes turn out. It makes a great house warming or first apartment gift too!
I made the chicken piccata from that book this week and it was fantastic. One of my Brandon’s and my favorite meals.