I can’t believe it’s August and I still haven’t gotten these little gifts up on the blog. Crazy right?! But even though I used these little potted succulents in coffee mugs as teacher gifts, they’d make wonderful hostess presents, wedding or party favors, mantle decorations, or just simple and sweet desk adornments that are cute AND useful.
DIY Coffee Mug Potted Succulent Gifts
White ceramic mugs (I got mine at Crate and Barrel)
Wood tags, like these.
Potted mini succulents (I found mine at Lowe’s)
Oil Based Black Sharpie Marker
Bakers twine or thread
1. Draw or write on mugs with sharpie.
2. Bake mugs at 350F for 30 minutes. When timer rings, turn off the oven but leave the mugs inside until completely cool. This “sets” the sharpie and makes your design permanent.
3. Write your note on the wooden tags.
4. Use thread or twine to attach tags to mugs.
5. Place succulents into mugs. Crumple up tissue paper if you need to to make the succulents nest nicely into the mugs and still be high enough to be seen over the top.
That’s it! So easy.
Is it Friday yet?! 😉