A super easy re-post from last Christmas:
This recipe comes to your courtesy of a Sugarbelle creation! If you don’t know her, you should- she is a cookies GENIUS. I just think there is nothing better than a little snowman floating in your cocoa (or your coffee if you are a coffee drinker like me!). I give my easy (small batch) royal icing recipe below.
- Cut marshmallows in half with kitchen scissors.
- Dip sticky side of cut marshmallows into a mixture of cornstarch and powdered sugar (Sugarbelle’s ration listed on her blog post makes ALOT of marshmallow coating so I cut that in half.) Shake off as much excess coating as humanly possible and lay marshmallows on a tray to decorate.
- The faces are made using royal icing. We made our icing by beating together 1 egg white, 1/2 tsp. lemon juice and 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar. It had a good consistency that wasn’t too runny.
- Color half of the icing orange and half black.
- Prepare two piping bags with tiny round-holed tips and fill with icing.
- Carefully pipe the nose, then the faces onto each marshmallow. The icing will not stick to powdered sugar so be sure your marshmallows are shaken off really, really, really well. Let dry then pop into ziplock bags to keep fresh (remember that marshmallows dry out quickly so don’t leave these on your counter overnight!).
That’s it! Easy as, well, marshmallows
And since it’s technically #tbt…
A sweet little Gracie pic from last Christmas <3
I just love that little thing.