Having Grace is wonderful. I love absolutely everything about babies and Grace is no exception.
But Lilly Christine is currently her own flavor of awesome. This early two-year-old phase is probably the most fun and exciting thing I’ve ever experienced in my life. The candid way she is learning to express herself, and the full blown, drama loving personality that is developing is nothing short of hilarious. Too soon, this phase of her childhood will be over and a new one will begin so I’m finding it necessary to write it all down and preserve it forever.
So, Miss Lilly, without further adieu, here is what I like (love) about you!
1. I like how loud your scream is when you see a bug. It’s literally the loudest human sound I’ve ever heard. You’re not actually scared, you just enjoy the theatrics, screaming and running around the room. Then you walk right over to said insect, pick it up, and squish it. ‘Atta girl.
2. I like how happy you are to talk to strangers. (Imagine that?) You are never short on words and love being the center of attention. Some of my favorite conversations you have with people include your discussion about chocolate mousse, butt past, whirly birds, rockstars, birthday cake, and your Aunt, Uncles, and Grandparents. We can’t believe what comes out of your mouth!
3. I like that crazy head of hair you have. So fitting.
4. I like your brief “emotional” bursts. My favorite kind is when you tell me, “Eyes gonna be sad Mommy” with a very sad face, eyes covered up with your hands, and just stand there for thirty or forty seconds, then proceed about your business as usual (all traces of sadness gone). It’s seriously the cutest thing ever.
5. I like the way you dance.
6. I like the way you are always “hunnnnry” (my daughter really is hungry ALL the time).
7. I like how you think snow and rain are incredibly messy but have no problem covering yourself in yogurt.
8. I like how quickly you learned to count, but love how dramatic you get when you get to number 8, like it’s the final number one could ever count to.
9. I like how you narrate every movie you we watch. Happy, sad, scared, excited, you act out ever part appropriately and make sure I’m watching every minute of it.
10. I like how you “go swimming” in the bath tub.
11. I like how enamored you are with Daddy. He loves you more than anything.
12. I also like how much you like hockey just because Daddy likes hockey. (Shh don’t tell him I said that!)
13. I like the way you freak out when you see a pizza box.
14. I like how you can jump on the trampoline for hours without getting, hysterically giggling the whole time.
15. I like when we say, “Lilly, you’re a minion!” and you say, “EYES NOT A MINION! EYES A BIG GURL!”
16. I like that you think Uncle Casey is at work 24/7.
17. I like to nurture your girly passions for dresses, shoes, sparkles, and bows. It’s so much fun!
18. I like how into parties, presents and balloons you get when there is a birthday. It’s all about you now, babe!
19. I like how you literally shake, fists clenched, when we go to the zoo or when Daddy gets home from work. That’s how excited you get! Daddy, does it too, it’s genetic.
20. I like how you need and want every creature we see or discuss to have a Mommy and Daddy, and how we have to talk it over and figure out where the Mommy and Daddy are until you are satisfied. I guess that means you love me and your Dad, huh?
I could go on forever my beautiful baby, but I’ll leave it at that for now. A few special things I won’t ever forget, but always want to remember.
Love you little buggie!
these are all so true. she is one of a kind 🙂