I’ve been wanting to share these cute little deco items I made for someone’s sweet little guy’s “Cirque Du Bebe” themed first birthday party. She supplied the inspiration photo and I did the rest. I absolutely adore the color palette and think it would work for a girl OR a boy. If you are planning a circus themed baby shower or birthday party? Read on, friends.
Below are the printable pages with the simple DIY to follow. I believe you can click and drag the photo to your desktop (on a mac), then print it straight from that screen and it should work. On a PC you should be able to right click and save the image to the desktop. These are just the cutest banners ever.
Above are all the banner pieces.
These smaller circles are perfect to cut out for little cupcake toppers. Add a stamp with your child’s first initial, birthday year or a heart/animal/thank-you tag etc. – such an easy way to jazz up cupcakes. Use a toothpick taped to the back to stick them into each cupcake.
Last but not least, add some tissue pom poms for extra wow factor. Love ‘em.
So here’s how I made the banners:
1. Click images above to view them full size and print. The “Y” for birthday got a little disjointed but it’s there! One banner says “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” the other one says “CIRQUE DU BEBE”. The little circles are for cupcake toppers.
2. Cut out all the circles.
3. Cut out desired size squares out of blue scrap book paper so the circles fit comfortably on top of them. I used strips, chevron, polka dots etc.
4. Using craft scissors with a fancy edge, cut out desired size squares of red card stock (I wanted a 1 inch border or so around the blue paper).
5. Use a small diameter hole punch to add holes to each corner of the red cardstock. This is how you will create the attachments.
6. Use glue dots, double stick tape, or any NON WET medium to attach the paper pieces together.
7. Thread yellow ribbon through all the holes to join the banner pieces. If desired, tie an extra piece of ribbon at each join for added decoration.
VOILA! Beautiful banners have been born.