If you missed part 1 of this post, you can find What’s In My Hospital Bag: For Mom by clicking here!
But for today, I’m sharing what I have stashed for my husband. Comfort and convenience were my goals here 😉
1. It might seem ridiculous, but change and dollar bills are packed and ready to go. I have a tendency to give birth in the middle of the night. We learned the hard way (twice!) that NOTHING is open in the middle of the night except fast food -yuck- and the vending machines. We don’t carry cash so we were STARVING until someone could leave the hospital and get us food. It was not fun.
2. Ultimate Ears BOOM Wireless Bluetooth Speaker – Black This thing is awesome. We got it for Brandon for Christmas last year and our whole family loves it! It’s rechargeable and has awesome sound quality. It links directly to our phones with a single push of a button (no programing required). I think all my brothers have one at this point and we even got one for my Dad for his birthday, too. I love the idea of having some good music on before, during, and after labor. Definitely creates a more cozy atmosphere and is a nice distraction.
3. A toothbrush. For all those husband kisses you’ll be getting 😉 But seriously, everyone just feels better after they brush their teeth- amiright?!
4. This JCrew hoodie. Comfy, but presentable looking.
5. Polo Ralph Lauren Pajama Pants So soft. Kind of speak for themselves. And if you’re lucky, you can borrow them! Kidding. Kind of 😉
6. SNACKS! I’m sure I’m not the only one with a significant other who gets cranky when they are hungry. Pack some filling snacks like trail mix, protein bars, or beef jerky. I also throw in a few treats just for good measure.
7. iPhone and charger, of course.
8. UGG Men’s Ascot Tweed Stout Wool Slipper I love the look of these slippers but they are so incredibly comfortable too. Dad will certainly appreciate them while pacing around the hospital hallways, going up and down and in and out with family, and just relaxing with you while you wait for then enjoy your new baby!
Keep a lookout for my favorite piece of the puzzle – what I have packed for baby. Aren’t tiny baby preparations the best thing ever? I think yes.