Sigh, Sunday. We meet again. Three little disappointed faces clawing at my ankles begging to go to church. If I were a terrible parent, I’d take the three of them, let them play in the kids room while I have an hour of peaceful Jesus time. But I’m not inclined to spread our sickies (and I hope I’m not a terrible parent?) so we sit at home, waiting for the Doctor’s office to open to take a look at Gracie’s ear. Poor girl was up all night. Of course I was up all night but I’m always up all night these days- sick babies or no sick babies.
Here are some things that are brightening my mood!
- This amazing brand new journaling bible. It’s so beautiful you guys. I have been bringing it with me to church and writing in it, doodling various things I hear throughout mass. It’s really an interesting practice because the act of writing and drawing while someone is talking really forces me to pay attention, to remember the words long enough to jot them down, and keeps me thinking about those words and prayers for days to come. I’ve never delved into reading the bible but this is a step in the right direction.
- The brand new book from one of my favorite home-reno instagram accounts! It’s so beautiful you guys. Ugh. Goals.
- This author. Oh how I love these two books! I can only hope there will be many more to come in the series. Tacos and Pizza are a given. I’ll be sharing the other books in the stack on my instagram feed later this week.
- I’m such an a la cart makeup and beauty product person. I’m rarely ever brand loyal but am happy to find the particular products within a line that work well for me and my skin and stick to them. These are my current faves – I’ve been using this exfoliating scrub for-ev-er. This overnight mask is one I’ve been using for a few months. The rest are a bit newer to my skin care routine but I love love them. This brand is so great for sensitive skin and Lilly loves it! The sunscreen is great. And I just picked this up from my friend Autumn and love it already! I got shade #3 and its perfect. Then there’s Freeman’s individual face masks. I have an unhealthy obsession with face masks ha… I try not to do too many in a single week. But it’s like a mini spa trip at home. This one is my fave. (You can find the single packs at places like Target or Ulta).
- Another book recommended to me in light of what Grace and our family are going through. This one is a tough read, forces so many things to come up and be thought about in regards to our sweet little daughter who is going to grow up the same as her sisters but also very, very different. Identity as a Deaf Individual can be a lifelong struggle and a battle I hope to wage with our daughter, not against.
- Blooms. Oh all the blooms! Give them all to me.
- We are going to attempt this in our garden if I can find the right troughs. The price hurts up front but I think if we reuse them every year and keep it simple we’ll be in great shape!
- Easter Bunnies on the brain! I’ll be doing a sort of sew-a-long here on the blog teaching you how to make your own rag doll bunnies. I’m going to make three for my girls. Hopefully they turn out as cute as what I have in my head! If not this one, this one, and this one are super high on my list. (Below is what I ordered from fabricbubb.com to get started!)
- Scones. I’ll be making them. Maybe not today, maybe tomorrow. But I just need a scone in my life today. I plan to modify this recipe.
- Playdough. My sweet littles want to “do something” so I’m going to use this dough recipe minus all the spices and let them add glitters or sprinkles or something to it. There is just something about mixing and making play dough that makes everyone quiet and happy.
Have a happy, calm, relaxing, productive Sunday my loves.